Welcome to Tiki Isles!
Starting Pop: 15,016
Starting $: $80,954
Date Played: 4/24/17
It’s time to jump back into Tiki Isles! We were excited to get started back working on the city today. Good news, we did figure out how to do screenshots and videos so we can show you what we are doing!
Here is where we started today:
What do we want to accomplish today?
A couple of urgent things we need to address today is the flooding problem in the tourist area. We will put in a water pump and see if that keeps the water down. We will also start getting rid of more industrial zoning and planting trees to continue to clean up the pollution. In theory, I would like to buy a new zone and start building onto our city and expanding, but we’ll see how it goes. We need to keep addressing the ongoing power issue.
What did we actually accomplish?
- We put a water pump into the tourist area, let’s see if that fixes the flooding problem.
- We continued to get rid of abandoned buildings in the industrial and dezoned more of it.
- We built around 8 more advanced wind turbines and are managing a surplus of power at the moment.
- We have greatly reduced the ground pollution in the city.
- We did it. We not only bought one new zone, we bought FOUR new zones. Let the fun begin! We don’t have plans to expand into all of them, or really even much into any of them just yet. We were just getting prepared.
Cool shots of the city from today!
Here is a cool shot from the main bridge across the river. You can see some of the wind power plants in the distance.
Here’s a nice shot of a residential neighborhood after dark.
Too many windmills? Nah!
The amount of people using the basic subway and bus system we built is amazing me! I do feel like we achieved quite a bit of success in our playing tonight. I hope you guys are enjoying Cities Skylines! I enjoy playing it and writing the blogs about it! I will continue to try to make it as interactive with pictures and more as I can! If you’d like to see us do a video of the city, a stroll down mainstreet please comment on this post and let me know!
This whole blog is void. Why? Because we hadn’t saved since the very first screenshot and the game crashed. Which means we LOST EVERYTHING we had done today. I am still going to put this blog up for a couple of reasons. One, as a reminder to save the game often. And two so you (and we) can see what we need to accomplish next time. Oh well, it happens. It’s our fault for not saving I guess.